Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday 19 March 2011

Kindle

Have I done a post like this yet? I have just been thinking a lot about the Kindle reading application for PC and how cool it is that I don't have a Kindle, yet I can still get Kindle books! I love that!

The books currently on my Kindle:

--Missionary Travels and Researches in South Africa by David Livingstone (this is the reason I got a Kindle app. They didn't have this book at the library and I discovered it free on Amazon! Yay! I love reading his adventures in his own words!)

--Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant (I haven't started it yet, but I am very interested American History and the lives of Presidents right now, so although it sounds dry and boring, I really do intend to read this!)

--Right Ho, Jeeves by PG Wodehouse (one of the best writers ever! I've read this one before but it was the only free one by him I could find. I'm going to read it again, just saving it for a rainy day)

--The Declaration of Independence (just for reference purposes and I read about US history)

--The Constitution of the US (same as the Declaration. I haven't read it on Kindle yet, but I've read these both before.)

--The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin (this is the one I am going to read as soon as I finish Livingstone's book. I'm very excited. I'm also looking for more on the Founding Fathers. Hopefully free ones!)

That's my Kindle for now. I'd actually like to get a Kindle, but this is a much cheaper way to go. And besides, I love the feel of a real book in my hand. I like turning the pages and smelling that "old-book/library" smell. Actually, I even like the "new-book" smell! Kindles don't smell.

What a weird word: smell.

1 comment:

Juliann said...

Smell is a weird word. And I love your reading list, I especially approve of reading about Grant. He´s a relative of mine! And Franklin´s autobiography is pretty hilarious at times, as he was sort of a rascal.