Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 28 October 2011

you smell like Jesus!


2 Corinthians 2:14-16

14. "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. 15. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16. To the one, we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life."


I just love it. I think I could write a little bit every day about the crazy things I read in the Bible. Sometimes Paul is random. David was always a little nuts (I should post about that, too, actually), Jesus was strange, God is hilarious ( it's true!!), and even though I've read the Bible several times, different things have different meanings at different times of life. So I can always get something out of it. Even if today's lesson was simply that Jesus has a smell and therefore Christians have a smell. Which isn't necessarily literal (too bad!), but it's still something. (Something hilarious!) We're supposed to leave an impression where we go, with what we did or said.

No comments: