Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 19 March 2010

ramblings.....do not read! :)


I've been sick for the past 4 days. It started a little bit Tuesday night, and then by Wednesday I knew I had to call in to work, and I pretty much didn't eat anything all day but some crackers and juice. I sat around all day, miserable with stomach- and head-aches, and watched movies.

Clue. 1985. Best movie ever, I think. I'm not even sure why. It's got those little moments, and quotes, that get me every time. I also love how it has three endings. I watch the version with all three endings every time. This is one of the movies that I actually could watch at ANY time.

Beauty and the Beast. 1991. You know the story. It never gets old.

Hello, Dolly! 1969. You probably don't know the story. It's a musical. It's brilliant. One of the best, in my opinion. Probably just because I have a crush on Cornelius.... However, you DO have to be in a certain mood for a musical, so I didn't even get to the "Hello, Dolly" number, I had to turn it off. When you're sick, you need a certain movie, you know?

LOST. 2004. Yes, the show. Yes, this is exactly what you need when you are sick. Uh, no, not true. Lost will NEVER make you feel BETTER, I repeat, LOST will only depress you. Nothing happy ever happened in Lost, try to argue that!

(But I finally got caught up! What will happen! Kate and Sawyer!?! Is it a parallel universe?? Did I spell parallel correctly? So many questions!! No answers.)

THURSDAY:

On Thursday I called in again. I would never do this unless I had to! I have been miserable!


Moonlighting. 1985. The detective show with Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd. Finally finished season 5, the final season, thanks to hulu! And I will tell you this: if you ever think, "Well, I am a Bruce Willis fan, and I like also like mystery shows, and I remember when I heard about Moonlighting from [Rosie's blog], so maybe it's good, and I should watch it!" --If this EVER happens to you, ( I know- not likely) please remember to only watch the first three seasons, ok? Then pretend that the show ended, and they got married and had kids and lived happily ever after. And that is all you need to know. It's great. Really.


Today, I actually went to work, and then went shopping, and I feel ill again (thank the Lord I have the weekend off to recover from all this movie-watching-- I mean- illness!). On tonight's playbill:

His Girl Friday. 1940. Cary Grant is a newspaper man, still in love with his ex wife and they get in a jam together and the real trademark of this movie is that they talk REALLY fast. (Something that Moonlighting copied.) It's Cary GRANT! If you have never seen it, you MUST. Trust me, you will not regret it.


and the movies will keep coming this weekend! It only gets better....I'm thinking Anne of Green Gables.....also, one that is definite is Flywheel, from the makers of Facing the Giants. Should be good stuff. Facing the Giants always makes me cry. You KNOW the part!

My legs ache!

No comments: