Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Summer Reading


Okay, so it's 45*F. Summer is more of a "mood" anyway.


The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

by Alan Bradley

Absolutely delightful murder mystery! It takes place in a sleepy little village in 1950's England. The "sleuth" (despise that word, but it fits) is 11-year-old Flavia de Luce, a clever, surprising, and charming young chemist (her passion is poison), whose discovery of a body in her garden leads her into the middle of an unbelievable mystery.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Ooo, is this a new blog feature???

rosie said...

I don't know- haha, I guess I just review things now! But seriously, this series is the cutest I have ever read! You would love these books, rebekah! I think I am going to review all three, actually. Frances would like them too. I must tell her!

Frances McLaren said...

Slightly random comment, but noticed your "profile blurb" with the Tom Petty song....you included the boyfriend bit.....???

rosie said...

I included the boyfriend bit because if you don't it sounds dumb. Oh, well. Changing it!