Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 6 August 2010

The Talk of the Town

Lately I have been into old movies (again!), and I recently watched a Hitchcock- "Suspicion" starring Cary Grant and Joan Fontaine. Oh my goodness, it is so dumb. Do not watch movies where Cary Grant is supposed to be a bad guy! Even though I guess it is supposed to turn out ok in the end, whatever he is scum in that whole movie and no girl in her right mind would have married him!

Ok, fine, I guess I would have, too.

After that came "Dial M for Murder", which was brilliant because it was based on a play, so like 99% of the scenes took place in the same room. Anyway, Grace Kelly is having an affair with Robert Cummings (from "Saboteur" one of my favorites!), and so her husband, whoever that actor was, thinks up a plot to kill her! It's abosolutely wonderful! (If murder mysteries are allowed to be so....) This movie was actually remade in the 90s or something: "The Perfect Murder", starring Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Today, I am going back to Cary Grant (because besides "Suspicion", do ANY of his movies stink? Probably not! It's Cary Grant!) "The Talk of the Town". I watched it years ago and don't remember all the details, but there's a happy ending. So yeah, I'm there!

No comments: